I just want to start by being clear with you guys, because I take Mother’s Day (or any holiday for that matter) quite seriously. I love planning surprises and going all out on celebrations, especially if it’s for my loved ones. I like the feeling of watching people’s faces brighten up when surprised and I believe everyone deserves to feel extra special and appreciated. Here are some tips I used for planning Mother’s Day and can also be used for future events to come:
1. Plan, plan, plan! Make a list of everything you need and gather intel way ahead of time. Whether you have 1 month or 1 day left to plan, it’s all about organizing and creating a list. Take note of things your mom is interested in and think outside of the box too. Find something more meaningful rather than just the typical flowers and chocolates if you want to level up your gift-giving game. Here are some examples: a beauty pamper kit which includes face masks, lotions, bath bombs, body scrubs, etc; a music box that plays your favorite lullaby or her favorite song; pay for your family’s Netflix subscription, especially if your mom loves bingeing TV shows!
2. Get your accomplices on board. Make reservations in advance because certain holidays can get booked fast the closer it gets to the target day. For this Mother’s Day, I made a reservation at Raffles Makati Hotel as I know my mom absolutely loves it there. It also made planning a lot easier as they have the amenities to help execute my plan more flawlessly.
3. Plan out your day: pick fun activities your mom enjoys for example, a mani-pedi, swimming, a massage, or mine and my mom’s personal Mother’s Day tradition, High Tea, or even just ~alone time~ where you and your mom can bond and catch up.
4. DIY decorations can make a big difference. Whether it be at a hotel or just at home, you can spruce up the place by printing photos and placing them in a cute frame, making homemade gifts, banners, streamers, bake your own cake (or you can order one like I did, haha), face masks, bath bombs, and tea candles for the ultimate pampering experience. Trust me, mom’s love cutesy stuff just as much as we do.
5. Surprise her! Get the whole fambam in on it to help execute your plan better. Ask your siblings and use your dad as physical man power. I was so glad the staff at Raffles helped me by blowing up balloons for the room and even escorting my mom to her room while she was blindfolded (naks, production!!)
6. Enjoy, relax, and appreciate. While gifts are always appreciated, nothing beats making meaningful memories that are thoughtful and full of love. In the end, no matter what you do, or don’t do (BUT PLS DO SOMETHING LOL), our mom’s love us no matter what because they’re just amazing that way.
Hope you guys got some ideas for this coming Mother’s Day, or any upcoming holiday too. If you have questions, you can leave me a comment and I’d love to help you brainstorm!
This post is in partnership with Raffles Makati Hotel. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting collaborations that have kept AryannaEpperson.com’s doors open. I super appreciate it!
For inquiries and more information, please call Raffles and Fairmont Makati at 795 1888.
For dining reservations, please call Restaurant Reservations at 7951840 or email [email protected]